Monday 2 March 2015

New York City's Finest...

After 25 episodes John McIntire who walked the beat of The Naked City as Lt. Dan Muldoon has bowed out in a shocking and fiery demise. James Franciscus is promoted to the top billing slot while Horace McMahon playing the hard nosed Lieutenant Mike Parker takes over Muldoon's office. I'm about 5 episodes into this change of personnel but finding it hard to adjust - from the very beginning I quickly came to love John McIntire's Dan Muldoon, an Irish cop who brought compassion and justice to some of those 8 million stories... I've just taken a quick inventory of John McIntire performances in my collection - The Asphalt Jungle, The Phenix City Story, Psycho (pictured below), as well as two Alfred Hitchcock Presents and a single Twilight Zone - all of which I hope to catch at some stage...

No comments:

Post a Comment